Because Pub Dog is such a unique concept, we receive a lot of questions on a daily basis as to how we made this dream a reality. We have compiled answers to some of the more commonly asked questions here, in case you’ve ever wondered…
- Can I have my dog inside? YES! While of course we allow dogs on our patio and in our off-leash fenced in area, you can also bring your pooch indoors!! Your dog can be anywhere inside the building (except the kitchen of course) as long as he or she is kept on a leash. This detail is what sets us apart from other dog friendly establishments.
- Why does my dog need to be on a leash when inside or on the patio? This rule is in place to ensure the safety and comfort-ability of all of our guests and their dogs. Because we are an inclusive environment absent of breed or size restrictions, we want to make sure that all dogs are well behaved and not bothering other patrons while they dining at Pub Dog. For this reason, we require dogs to be leashed anytime you are not in the off leash area.
- Do you have somewhere my dog can play off leash? YES! We have a 3000 square foot, fenced in, off leash area for your dogs to play. We just ask that you clean up after your dog and make sure they play well with others. This area essentially functions like a dog park where you assume all responsibility for your dog and its behavior. If your dog doesn’t like being approached by other dogs, we recommend staying on the patio with your dog leashed.
- Can I take my food or drinks into the off leash area? YES! We currently don’t have restrictions about where you can have food or beverage…however…we make no promises about having puppy noses sniffing around your food or even trying to take a bite. We are not responsible for any food or beverages lost while in the off leash area.
- Why don’t you allow children under 16 in the off leash area? Again, this is for everyone’s safety. Dogs who are off leash can, at times, become unpredictable and it is an insurance liability. Simply put, our insurance company would not cover us unless we had this rule in place. You are however, welcome to have children with you on the patio and inside the building.
- Does Pub Dog have breed restrictions? NO! We understand that dog’s behavior is often dictated by their owners, which means that there are many exceptions to every breed stereotype out there. We strive to facilitate a very inclusive environment here at Pub Dog. As long as your dog is well behaved and plays well with other dogs, we welcome them. We do however, reserve the right to ask any patron to leave that has a dog that is acting aggressively or who won’t follow the rules.
- Does my dog have to be spayed or neutered? In the off leash area- YES. In the patio or inside the dining hall- NO. We do not expect dogs under the age of 6 months to be spayed or neutered. However, we reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not abiding by this rule.
- Why don’t I have a server? This was one of the many rules set forth by the Health Department of El Paso County in order for us to open a dog friendly establishment that also served food and drinks. Their worry was that the staff would pet the dogs and then deliver food to patrons. For this reason, we operate like a cafe or counter service style restaurant instead. You order food and beverages from our bar and when your food is ready, we call your name over a loudspeaker for you to pick it up. You can either pay as you go or start a tab and add to your order at any time. We do have cocktail servers outside during our busy days to help take orders for you.
- Are you expanding onto the lot next door? We are still undecided on what we want to do with it at this time.
- What happens if my dog gets injured or another dog hurts my dog? When you enter the premise, you are agreeing to all of the rules set by Pub Dog Colorado. One of these rules is that members are liable for damage, injury or illness inflicted by their dogs. This means owners are financially and legally responsible for their dog’s behavior. If there is an injury to any dog, Pub Dog employees must be notified. We will fill out an incident report and facilitate the exchange of information between both parties. From here, it is up to both doggie parents to work together on medical treatments for either or both dogs.
- What if there is an aggressive dog? Please let any Pub Dog staff member know immediately if you feel like there is a dog that is being aggressive and we will handle the situation. Members who cannot control their dogs will be asked to leave immediately.
- Do you take reservations? No. Everything is first come first serve. The only exception to this is when someone books a private event. If you have any questions about booking a private event, please email us.
- How do you keep everything so clean? We spend a lot of time each week making sure our facilities are as clean as possible! Every night, the entire indoor area is sanitized and cleaned with enzyme treatments and industrial strength odor reducing products. We deep clean and sanitize the off leash area, including the toys and surrounding cement multiple times per week. Every day, the off leash area is sanitized 2 – 3 times to eliminate any food or ‘doggie residue’. Let’s just say, we like to hire clean freaks! Our motto around Pub Dog is “If you have time to lean, then you have time to clean!”
- What is the membership fee for? The membership fee acts like a maintenance tax you pay on every item you purchase when you are here and not like a fee to belong to an exclusive dog friendly club. This fee is in place for several reasons. First of all, when you pay it, you are agreeing to our rules. You actually agree to our rules by walking in the front door, but this is an added safety measure for us as well. It costs about $60,000 – $70,000 more a year to run Pub Dog than a typical restaurant. We have costs more closely associated with an animal care facility. Cleaning up after both humans and dogs is something most restaurants don’t have to think about. This membership fee helps us to offset these costs.
- How do I become a member? The membership fee is added to your bill when you purchase anything. It is a 4% fee. This means you pay 4 cents on every dollar you spend at Pub Dog every time you come in.
- Can I use the off leash area and not purchase anything? No. The patio and off leash area are for paying members only.
- Should I tip my bartenders even though there is no table service? Yes. Our front of house staff is made up of all tip based employees. They are working just as hard, if not harder, than most servers do. Our bartenders are not only taking your orders and making your drinks, they are making sure your fur babies are safe and they making sure that you have a beautiful and clean environment to enjoy. They also have fur babies of their own to feed!
- Can I book a private event? Yes! We allow private events to book our our main dining room or to buyout the entire restaurant. If this is something you are interested in, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Do you have gift cards? Yes. They are available for any amount you choose and can be purchased in store or in our shop tab on this website.
- Can I hand out fliers for my business or hand out samples of my product to your patrons? No. We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their experience at Pub Dog. If we allowed solicitation from other businesses on premise, it would greatly diminish that experience. If this is something your business is interested in, please contact us and we will talk with you more about different opportunities.
- How do you work around dogs all day and not touch them? IT’S SO HARD! Pub Dog staff is only allowed to touch dogs in emergency situations. If any staff member touches a dog for any reason, the first thing they do is wash their hands.
- Can employees bring their dogs to work? No. Dogs need to be under the control of their owners at all times. This would be incredibly difficult to do while working
2207 Bott Ave.
Colorado Springs 80904
Terms & Conditions